Please note that if you are unable to attend after booking this class we will transfer you onto the online course. Thank you!
Come spend an intimate day at TEACH SCOILE by the happy tummy co. to learn about the science behind bread and how it has the ability to impact and rectify your health issues.
From IBS to injury rehab to coping with mental health issues, our approach to bread making has the ability to shape and overhaul your health for a happier and healthier future.
What is covered and included?
- The science - why bread?
- Understanding our soil and its impact on the food system.
- How to make a bread starter.
- How to make sourdough.
- How to make soaked breads.
- How to use bread to nourish your unique body type.
- Access to recipes and video material.
- Your health and how to use new bread formulae to bolster it.
- We will cover many recipes throughout the day using ancient and heritage grains. Be prepared to get your hands into a lot of dough.
Drinks throughout the day will be served as well as a feast for lunch. We like to serve some of our favourite low intervention wines with lunch as well as local micro brewery beers.
Class runs from 10am - 4pm. There are wash stations and plenty of room for you to move around in and feel comfortable.
The day finishes with some low intervention wine and a Q&A with your host and founder Karen O' Donoghue.
You will leave with two doughs that need to be baked at home, freshly baked, digestible breads as well as your own starter culture and recipes for better gut health.
Come hungry for food and knowledge, leave happy and fulfilled. We are here to look after you.
Time : 10am - 4pm
Location : TEACH SCOILE by the happy tummy co., Shambles Lane, Bridge Street, Westport, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
Find us on Google Maps here
We're located in the James Street carpark just behind the Catholic Church.