As much as I adore starting my day with Chia Teff Loaf and have done for the majority of the past 5 years, sometimes it's nice to mix it up! I developed the Happy Tummy Granola to have the same effect on my bowels as the Chia Teff Loaf so it's high in both soluble and insoluble fibre. Soluble to help me stay full until lunchtime. Insoluble to help me poop every morning! :)
This is a great recipe to whip up on a weekend to give you super healthy breakfasts for the week ahead. It will literally take just an hour out of your day and you'll want to make it every week after the first bowl!
- 200g Gluten-free Oats (I use Rude Health Sprouted Oats)
- 200g Organic Almonds
- 80g Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- 60g Organic Sunflower Seeds
- 60g Organic Chia Seeds
- 40g Organic Raw Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Organic Honey
- Roughly chop the almonds.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Melt the coconut butter and mix the wet ingredients through it.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and place on baking sheets in the oven at 150C fan for 30 mins.
- Stir the mixture halfway through bake.
- Allow to cool before putting in a jar.
Mix with a probiotic yoghurt and some local fruit in season for a deliciously healthy start to the day! Your gut bacteria will love you for it!! ;)
If you'd like to watch me make it just click on The Happy Tummy Co. YouTube Channel.