I love a good scone and being Irish a soda bread texture just sings happiness to me! Sorghum is an incredible gluten-free alternative to wholegrain wheat as it's super high in insoluble fibre and we want lots of that in our diet to keep things moving! If you're able to eat these straight from the oven with salted butter and jam than lucky you! However, with a great shelf life, these are awesome scones to whip up on a Sunday to give you gut healthy breakfasts for the week!
- 120g Sorghum Flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 90g Ground Almonds
- 60g Tapioca Flour
- 2 heaped tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 heaped tbsp Flaxseed
- 1 tsp Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- Half tsp Salt
- Half tsp Gluten-Free Bicarb of Soda
- 1 Egg
- 150ml Milk or 200ml Kefir Yoghurt
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and then make a well for the egg and milk.
- Pour the egg and milk into the well and stir the mixture with a spoon until it comes into a ball of quite wet dough.
- Sprinkle some sorghum flour onto your kitchen surface and roll out the dough quite gently before cutting it into scones.
- Bake your scones on a baking sheet covered in baking paper in the oven at 180C Fan for 20 - 25 minutes until slightly brown and golden on top.
You can watch me make them step by step on The Happy Tummy Co. YouTube Channel.