Teff Apple Crumble
Stewed Fruit Mix
- 2.3kg mix of chopped apples (skin left on for your insoluble fibre needs) - cookers and eaters - this weight excludes the cores
- 2 oranges, halved and squeezed
- 100g Maple Syrup
- 30g Vanilla Extract
- The 2.3kg of fruit can be made up of a mix of fruits - whatever’s in season!
- 150g Wild Farmed Grain Wholemeal Flour
- 200g Oak Forest Mill Wholegrain Emmer Flour
- 200g Oats Flakes
- 300g Lovegrass Teff Grain
- 150g Sugar
- 450g Salted Butter
Stew the chopped fruit in the juice of the oranges with the orange segments in the pot too along with the vanilla extract and maple syrup. Stew on a medium heat until the fruit is nice and mushy, stirring as you go.
Stir the dry ingredients of the crumble together and then rub in the butter.
Coconut oil the baking dish before transferring the cooked fruit into the dish followed by some of the orange thinly sliced. The crumble can be gently packed down on top before allowing a few handfuls just to crumble on top.
Bake for 45 - 50 mins at 190 degrees fan for a blistering bake!
Serve with double cream, crème fraîche or yoghurt fresh from the oven. Also incredibly delicious for breakfast with a black coffee and vanilla yoghurt.